Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Portal 2 distraction (and other excuses for no posts here in awhile)...

I have yet to write the first pass of the Scala version of Life modeled on the Java version from the previous post. Partly it's because work has become quite overwhelming recently. Partly it's because I know once I start writing Scala, I am going to dread and resist writing much more Java. And then finally, it's because Portal 2 came out and I am spending tons of time playing it.

I will return to the Scala Life thread and continue. In the meantime, I found a link which I thought might be very useful to those who do Java and want to see practical uses for Scala. This Wiki is great at presenting some code in Java and then presenting the Scala code pointing out why it's a desirable improvement. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment